SwimAtlanta COVID-19 Update
SwimAtlanta is closely monitoring the quickly evolving COVID-19 situation and we are taking actions to promote the safety of our SwimAtlanta community. We will continue to monitor the CDC, Georgia Department of Public Health and the Board of Health for updates and will make adjustments pending more information in the coming days and possibly weeks.
All SwimAtlanta locations will be closed to all practice groups, lessons, and lap swim beginning Tuesday, March 17th and for the remainder of the week. We will communicate further program availability once we have more information from the various health authorities, as well as school district plans of action. Please be sure to check your email for updates from your coaches in the coming days.
We will be continuing the frequency of facility cleaning using specific products that are recommended to address coronavirus as well as maintain recommended chlorine levels in our pools to remain ready to open again once we feel the risk to our athletes is lower. We encourage all families to educate themselves about coronavirus by reading The Centers for Disease Control literature posted HERE.
Again, please be sure to check your email and/or our social media for updates from our coaching staff as well as some at-home workouts to keep your athletes busy while we are out of the pool.
Instagram - @swimatlanta_team
Twitter - @swim_atlanta
Age Group Sectionals Updates
- Swimmers deck pass will be handed out for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday Prelims will be handed out during warm-ups by Coach Scot Davis in the hallway just before the stairs. He will be wearing a SwimAtlanta T-Shirt and wearing a UGA hat. (10&unders please look for a SwimAtlanta coach in the same area)
- Swimmers must enter the pool via the back hallway and may use the glass doors on Tech Pkwy for drop off and pick up.
- The only pool access will be through the back hallway doors.
- The pool deck stairs will be closed
- Swimmers must have a deck pass to enter the pool area.
- A replacement deck pass will be $10.
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday Prelims will be running Girl/Boy pools
- Girl's Pool: Diving Well End
- Boy's Pool: Scoreboard End
- Friday: Scoreboard End
- Saturday: TBA
- Sunday: TBA
- Thursday: WU @ 3pm; Start @ 4:15pm. The 800 Freestyle Relay and 400 IM will be run in one course. The 1000 free will be run in both courses. Swimmers should provide a timer and counter for 1,000. Projected finish time is 7 pm
- Friday AM: WU @ 8:30am; Start @ 10am. Projected finish time is 12:34
- Friday 10 & Under: Warmup is 5:00-5:30. Meet starts at 5:40. The projected finish time is 7 pm. (Swimming in the Scoreboard End)
- Friday Finals: WU @5pm; Start @6pm. The projected finish time is 7:30
- Saturday AM: WU @ 10am; Start @ 11:10 am. The projected finish time is 2:15. Swimmers must remain upstairs until 10 am.
- Saturday 10&U: [email protected] 2:30pm; Start @ 3:10pm. The projected finish time is 5 pm.
- Saturday Finals: WU @5pm; Start @ 6pm. The projected finish time is 7:30
- Sunday AM: WU @ 8:30am; Start @ 10am. The projected finish time is 1:33
- Sunday 10&U: WU @ 1:30pm; Start @ 2:10pm. The projected finish time is 4 pm.
- Sunday Finals: WU @4pm; Start @5pm. The projected finish time 6:47
- PrePay parking link: https://gatech.clickandpark.com/event
Updated Heat Sheets:
- Thursday Psych Sheet
- Friday Morning Heat Sheet- Lanes 0-9
- Friday 10&U heat sheet-Lanes 0-9
- Saturday Morning Heat Sheet- Lanes 0-9
- Saturday 10&U heat sheet-Lanes 0-9
- Sunday Morning Heat Sheet- Lanes 0-9
- Sunday 10&U heat sheet - Lanes 0-9
Special Note from Georgia Tech & the Meet Host (SCAT):
Dear Age Group Sectional Participants,
Georgia Tech is currently monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. We are following all updates and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) located in Atlanta. As of now, WE WILL BE HAVING THE SWIM MEET AS PLANNED.
According to information provided by the CDC, the coronavirus's presence is currently very limited, with just 647 cases reported in the United States as of March 10, 2020. Overall immediate health risk from coronavirus remains low. However, with many new cases being reported daily worldwide, the risk for a pandemic is still elevated.
In response, we ask that all participants who have a fever, symptoms of a respiratory infection, or have been exposed to a person with coronavirus, flu, or any other communicable disease not attend Age Group Sectionals.
Georgia Tech and Age Group Sectionals will follow all CDC recommendations. If you suspect that you may have an infectious disease, we recommend you seek treatment at your primary care physician's office or your local hospital's emergency department.
Beyond that, please keep in mind that the best way to prevent the spread of infectious disease is through overall cleanliness and diligent hand washing.
We are actively monitoring the current situation as it evolves and will provide more updates as is necessary.
For immediate updates, we recommend viewing the CDC website. We thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
SCAT SWIM TEAM
SwimAtlanta will communicate all updates ASAP by website, email, twitter, & instagram.
March Madness Sprint Meet @ SwimAtlanta Sugarloaf Heat Sheet
4850 Sugarloaf Parkway
Lawerenceville, GA 30044
Saturday, March 7, 2020
Meet Starts 3:30pm
2020 Southern Premier Meet @ GA Tech Updates
On friday the President is scheduled to visit the CDC. He is supposed to land at 3:30. This will affect the already congested Atlanta traffic. Please plan accordingly. Heat sheets will be on sale at the meet and on Meet Mobile.
PrePay Parking Link (Listed as "2020 Speedo Summer Premier")
Please contact your swimmers coach for anymore information.
14&Under Age Group State Meet Updates & Heat Sheets
The meet will be running in 2 pools for morning and afternoon sessions. Odd heats will swim by the diving well, even heats by the scoreboard.
All Final sessions will run in the main pool. Friday night's 10&U 500 free will run in scoreboard pool.
The lanes will be numbered 0-9.
Updated Warm Up & Start Times:
- Friday Morning: Warm up @ 9:00am; Start @ 10:20am.
- Friday 10&U 500 free (Scoreboard End): Warm up @ 5:00pm; Start @ 5:30pm
- Friday Finals (Diving Well End): Warm up 5:00pm; Start @ 6:00pm.
- Saturday Morning: Warm up @ 10:00am; Start @ 11:20am.
- Saturday Afternoon: Warm up @ 2:00pm; Start @ 2:45pm
- Saturday Finals (Diving Well End): Warm up @5:00; Start @ 6:00pm.
- Sunday Morning: Warm up @ 9:00am; Start @ 10:20am.
- Sunday Afternoon: Warm up @ 1:30pm; Start @ 2:15pm.
- Sunday Finals (Diving Well End): Warm up @ 5:00pm; Start @ 6:00pm.
Heat Sheets & Estimate Timelines:
SwimAtlanta Last Chance Meet Updates
West Gwinnett Aquatic Center
4488 Peachtree Industrial Boulevard
Berkeley Lake, GA 30071
Saturday warm-ups start at 6:30pm with the meet starting at 7:00pm
Sunday warm-ups start at 8:00am with the meet starting at 8:30am.
Parents are asked to sit upstairs in the 750-seat spectator area upstairs. Please no food on the pool deck. The West Gwinnett Aquatic Center is kept at a warm air temperature.
SCAT Winter Kickoff @ GA Tech Meet Updates & Heat Sheets
Due to the size of the meet, SCAT has decided to run 3 twenty minute warm up times.
** Lanes are numbered 0-9 for this meet** (this is how GT has the pool set up).
PrePay Parking Link:
2020 Ralph Crocker Classic Meet Updates, Updated Warm-Up Times, & Heat Sheets
Ralph Crocker Classic is a prelim/final meet for the 13& older swimmers. Top 16 13-14 and top 24 15&older swimmers will come back to finals. 12&under events are time final. Folding chairs are not allowed in the upstairs spectator area.
Below is the start times for the sessions this weekend (this is a modification from the meet info), all warm ups will be OPEN. Reminder Auburn is in the Central Time Zone:
- Warm ups 4:00pm meet starts at 5:10 pm (Pool will open for warmups as soon as the college teams have concluded warming down.)
- Prelims Warm up 7:30am. Meet Starts 9:00am
- 12 and under session:
- Warm up NOT BEFORE 12:30 pm. Meet Starts not before 1:30 pm
- Finals Warm up 4:30pm. Meet starts 5:30 pm
- Prelims Warm up 7:30am. Meet Starts 9:00am.
- 12 and under session
- Warm up NOT BEFORE 1:30pm. Meet starts NOT BEFORE 2:30 pm.
- Finals Warm up 4:30pm. Meet Starts 5:30 pm