2022 Speedo Atlanta Classic & Sprint Classic Meet Updates
2022 Speedo Atlanta Classic 5/13-15
SwimAtlanta is excited about hosting everyone on May 13-15th at the 2022 Speedo Atlanta Classic. Thursday night we have 6 lanes open for swimmers wanting to get a swim in at Georgia Tech 6:30-8:00pm. Our Sugarloaf location will be open during the day for anyone who would like to get in earlier. The diving well will be open during the meet for warm-up and warm-down.
If you have swimmers wanting to scratch Friday AM prelim events please email Cheryl Loprinzo ([email protected]) by 6:30pm thursday night. Heat Sheets will be printed and posted below each day.
We will have a quick coaches meeting on Friday May 13 at 8:30am.
Warm-Up and Start Times:
Thursday 6:30-8:00pm (swimmers need to plan to be done at 8:00pm)
Friday, Saturday, Sunday Prelims: Warm-Up 7:00-8:45am (Open) Meet Start 9:00am
Friday, Saturday, Sunday Finals: Warm-Up 4:30-5:45pm (Open) Meet Start 6:00pm
- Meet Info
- Psych Sheet
- Heat Sheets
- Friday Prelims
- Friday Finals
- PrePay Parking Link
2022 Speedo Atlanta Sprint Classic 5/14
Metro Divisional Meet Updates
Important Info About Parking: the gravel lot will be reserved for Coaches and Officials only. Parents can park in any legal space or on the streets around the pool. Dynamo recommends carpooling whenever possible. Parking will be limited.
Friday events will be swum in the indoor competition pool. Saturday and Sunday they will running two pools in the Morning. The girls will compete in the indoor competition pool, and the boys in the Dome. Saturday and Sunday Finals will be run in the indoor competition pool. Top 20 swimmers in each event will qualify for finals.
Finals heat sheets and if Dynamo does a livestream of the meet links will be posted here.
SwimAtlanta Last Chance & February Splash Meet Updates
Spectators are welcome in the building. Parents are asked to stay upstairs in the stands unless volunteering. Swimmers in the 400IM and 500 Free need to provide their own timer and counter.
Updated & Assigned Warm-Up / Start Times
Saturday Last Chance:
- 11:30-11:55am - SwimAtlanta
- 11:55-12:20pm - CPAC, CW, LA, MJST, TWS, USAC
- Meet Starts 12:30pm
Saturday February Splash:
- 3:40-4:00pm - SwimAtlanta
- 4:00-4:20pm - TWS & USAC
- Meet Starts 4:30pm
Sunday Last Chance:
- 8:00-8:30am - SwimAtlanta
- 8:30-9:00am - CPAC, LA, MJST, RAYS, TWS, USAC
- Meet Starts 9:10am
Heat Sheets w/ Timelines:
Age Group State Championship & Junior Olympics
SwimAtlanta is excited to be running the 2022 Short Course Age Group State Championship & Junior Olympics at GA Tech this year. Specators are allowed in the building and are encouarged to wear a mask. Swimmers in the 500 & 1000 free will need to provide their own counter and timer. To help Georgia Tech Varisty Swim Team, the Friday afternoon JO and 10&under 500free session has been moved to Friday evening. The 10&under 500 Free on Friday will be the first event of the JO session. See updated meet info below.
Reminder that this year swimmers get 3 bonus swims. Swimmers can use the 3 bonus swims on any day they would like.
Only volunteers, timers, counters, officials, swimmers, and coaches will be allowed on the pool deck. To sign up to be a timer please click here.
Please be aware that Sunday morning the Publix Marathon Road Race will be going on near Georgia Tech. Click here to see the Marathon and Half Marathon road race course. Click here to see the 5K, 3k, and Dash route. Sunday Afternoon the Atlanta United season opener at 3:00pm.
Fine Designs will be at the meet for all your Official Swim Meet Apparel. Reddiset Swim Shop will be able to help swimmers with purchasing new tech suits, practice suits, caps, googles, and etc.
Sign up for action photos online with River Oak Photography
For the sixth straight year, River Oak Photography is thrilled to provide action photography for the Georgia 14 and Under Short Course State meet. Make your reservations in advance online at riveroakphotography.com/reserve-online/ag-state/ Please contact [email protected] with any questions
- Meet Info Updated 2/9 with new start times for Friday JO and 10&under 500free start times.
- Updated Event File 2/3/22 (when emailing entries make sure to include an "Entry Report PDF file")
- PrePay Parking We are getting reports that the parking deck is saying its sold out. Georgia Tech is trying to fix this issue. Parking Attendants will be taking payments each day to park. But just incase there is always the option of the W02 Student Center Lot located at 353 Ferst Dr. This is a click and pull lot (like the airport). The cost is $2 per hour with a $15 max per day. Credit Card Only. This might be a cheaper option for some coaches, swimmers & families.
- Volunteer Timer Sign Up
- Psych Sheet updated 2/22
- Updated Warm-Ups & Start Times (all warm-ups are open w/ a specific time for one way starts and pace)
- 11-14 Prelims: Warm-Up 9:00am / Meet Start 10:20am
- 11-14 JO and 10&under Timed Final: Warm-up 5:00pm / Meet Start 6:00pm
- 11-14 Finals: Warm-Up 5:00pm / Meet Start 6:00pm
- Saturday & Sunday
- 11-14 Prelims: Warm-Up 9:00am / Meet Start 10:20am
- 11-14 JO and 10&under Timed Final: Warm-Up Not before 1:00pm / Meet Start not before 1:45pm
- Prelim Heat Sheets
- 10&under & Junior Olympics Heat Sheets
- Finals Heat Sheets (Coming Soon)
- Reddiset Swim Shop
- Fine Design (Meet Apparel)
- Sign up for action photos with River Oak Photography
SwimAtlanta Winter Classic Updates
SwimAtlanta & Georgia Tech are aware of the current weather projections. We will communicate any updates on SwimAtlanta.com and with your coaches. With the tiimelines on Sunday our goal is to run the meet Sunday morning for all participants.
We will be using two pools for this meet. All boys/men events will be under the scoreboard. All girls/women events will be near the diving well. We are still in need of some extra timers in the boys pool. If you are able to help please email [email protected]
- Spectators are allowed in the building.
- Masks are encouraged.
- Only Volunteers, Officials, Swimmers, and Coaches will be allowed on the pool deck.
- Swimmers can either sit upstairs or on the pool deck.
- Swimmers swimming the 400im, 1000free, and 500free will need to positive check in and provide his or her own timer and counter.
Warm Up Schedule
- 10:00-10:25 - Sugarloaf, Johns Creek, Hamilton Mill, Roswell, Cobb, Georgia Tech, Summit
- 10:25-10:50 - Lifetime, Tidal Wave
- 10:50-11:15 - Midway, SPAC, SCAT, CPAC
- 8:00-8:25 - Sugarloaf, Johns Creek, Hamilton Mill, Roswell, Cobb, Georgia Tech, Summit
- 8:25-8:50 - Lifetime, Tidal Wave
- 8:50-9:15 - Midway, SPAC, SCAT, CPAC
Sunday Senior State Updates w/ Heat Sheets
Sunday prelims warm-up is 9:00-10:20am with the meet starting at 10:30am. Finals warm up is 5:00-5:50 with the meet starting at 6:00pm. Finals will be swum in the pool under the scoreboard. If you are able to help volunteer please sign up to do so at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f084da8a82eabfa7-senior
Details on how the 1000 & 1650 Free wil be swum:
- We will keep with the boys pool and girls pool.
- We will be alternating 1000 Free then 1650 free swum fast to slow
- Swimmers will need to provide their own timer and counter
Senior Committe will have a brief meeting after the distance frees in prelims
Saturday Senior State Heat Sheets
Saturday warm-up is 9:00-10:20am with the meet starting at 10:30am. Finals warm up is 5:00-5:50 with the meet starting at 6:00pm. Finals will be swum in the pool under the scoreboard. If you are able to help volunteer please sign up to do so at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f084da8a82eabfa7-senior
Updated Friday Senior State Championship @ Georgia Tech
Swim Meet will be at Georgia Tech
We will be doing all Friday events as Timed Final. Warm-ups will be at 2:30 PM with the meet starting at 4:00 PM. There will be a coaches meeting at 2:10pm near hospitality.
SwimAtlanta is very thankful to the Dynamo and Georgia Tech CRC Staff for working hard to help us in this unusual circumstance and for doing what’s best for Georgia Swimming swimmers and families. Thanks for your patience.